Views:94 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-01-14 Origin:Site
The solar controller is called the solar charge and discharge controller. It is used in the solar power system to control the multi-channel solar battery array to charge the battery and the battery to supply power to the solar power inverter load. It regulates the charging and discharging conditions of the battery, and controls the power output of the solar battery module and the battery to the load according to the power demand of the load, which is the core control part of the entire photovoltaic power supply system.
The solar controller has the following main functions:
1. Overcharge protection: When the charging voltage is higher than the protection voltage, the battery is automatically turned off. When the voltage drops to the maintenance voltage, the battery enters the floating state. When the voltage is lower than the recovery voltage, the floating charge is turned off and the charging state is entered.
2. Over-discharge protection: When the battery voltage is lower than the protection voltage, the controller automatically turns off the output to protect the battery from damage. When the battery is recharged, it can automatically restore the power supply.
3. Over-current and short-circuit protection: After the load current exceeds 10A or the load is short-circuited, the fuse is blown and can be used after replacement.
4. Over-voltage protection: When the voltage is too high, the output is automatically turned off to protect the appliance from damage.
5. Anti-back charge function: Use Schottky diodes to prevent the battery from charging the solar battery.
6. Anti-lightning strike protection: When a lightning strike occurs, the varistor can prevent lightning strikes and protect the controller from damage.
7. Solar battery reverse connection protection: Solar battery "+" "-" polarity is reversed, it can be used after correction.
8. Battery reverse connection protection: Battery "+" "-" polarity is reversed, fuse wire is blown, it can be used after replacement；
9. Battery open circuit protection: In case the battery is open, if the solar battery is normally charged, the controller will limit the voltage across the load to ensure that the load is not damaged. If the battery is not charged at night or when the solar battery is not charging, the controller is no power, no action.
10. Self-test: When the controller is affected by the natural factor or the improper human operation, the controller can be self-tested, letting people know whether the controller is in good condition, reducing a lot of unnecessary working hours, and creating conditions for winning the project quality and construction period.
11. Recovery interval: It is the recovery interval for overcharge or overdischarge protection to avoid the work resistance of the load caused by the line resistance or the self-recovery characteristics of the battery.
12. Temperature compensation: Monitor the temperature of the battery, and correct the charge and discharge value to make the battery work in an ideal state.
13. Light control: It is mostly used for automatic lighting. When the environment is bright enough, the controller will automatically turn off the load output. When the environment is dark, the load will be automatically turned on to realize the automatic control function.