Views:49 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-01-11 Origin:Site
The solar power system controller consists of solar panels, batteries, controllers and loads. The solar power controller is a device used to control the photovoltaic panel to charge the battery and provide a load control voltage for the voltage sensitive device. It regulates and controls the charging and discharging conditions of the battery, and controls the power output of the solar cell module and the battery to the load according to the power demand of the load, it is the core control part of the entire photovoltaic power supply system.
1) Pure light control mode: When there is no sunlight, the light intensity drops to the starting point. After the controller delays for 10 minutes to confirm the start signal, the load is turned on according to the setting parameters, and the load starts to work. When there is sunlight, the light intensity rises to the start point, the controller delays for 10 minutes to confirm the shutdown signal, and the load stops working.
2) Light control and time control mode: The start-up process is the same as pure light control. When the load works to the set time, it will automatically turn off, the setting the time is from 1 to 14 hours.
3) Manual mode: In this mode, the user can control the turning on and off of the load by pressing the button, regardless of whether it is in the day or night. This mode is used for some special load situations or for debugging purposes.
4) Debugging mode: It is used for system debugging. When there is light signal, the load is turned off, when there is no light signal,the load is turned on to facilitate the correctness of system installation during installation and
5) Normally open mode: The power-on load remains in the output state. This mode is suitable for loads that require 24 hours of power supply.
The popular solar power controllers in the market mainly include ordinary solar power controllers, PWM solar power controllers and MPPT solar power controllers.
Ordinary solar power controller is the first generation technology. The working principle is to directly hang the output of the solar panel to the battery port. When the battery is sufficient, it will be disconnected. Because of the internal resistance of the battery, it is difficult to fill the battery, and the solar panel is not fully utilized, the charge conversion efficiency is only 70 to 76%. It has been eliminated by the market, and is rarely used.
PWM solar power controller is the second generation technology. Now it is the most in the market. The working mode is PWM control. Compared with the ordinary solar power controller, it has been improved a lot. It can solve the problem of battery dissatisfaction. The charging conversion efficiency is 75~80%. However, solar panels are also not fully utilized.
MPPT solar power controller is the third generation technology, it is the highest-end solar controller. MPPT solar power controller refers to the solar power controller with "Maximum Power Tracking" function, which is an upgraded product of PWM solar power controller. MPPT solar controller can detect solar panel voltage and current in real time and keep track of the maximum power (P=U*I), the system always charges the battery with maximum power, the MPPT tracking efficiency is 99%, the whole system power generation efficiency is up to 97%, and the battery has been in excellent management. With advances in technology and energy savings, the trend of replacing traditional PWM solar power controllers with MPPT solar power controllers is irreversible.